As a business owner, you have done all the right and practical things to protect your business like keeping the grounds well-lit, and keeping landscaping simple, cut back, and low to the ground. You have also invested in a security system with features such as intrusion detection, access control and video surveillance that help keep your employees and customers safe.
Security systems are a necessary and worthwhile investment, but did you know that your security equipment can do much more than provide protection? This same equipment can give you a competitive edge and improve your business.
Security is Your New Superpower
Security systems aren’t just for security any more. That same system can be one of the most powerful tools you have in mitigating risks, reducing cost, and improving productivity and customer service. Here are just a few of the nearly endless ways you can maximize your security system investment.
- False liability claims are one of the costliest problems a business can encounter. A quick review of your high definition recorded video can help to quickly alleviate or reject those costly claims, and keep the swindlers out of your profits.
- You can also use your security system to gain marketing insights by remotely viewing how customers react to product placement, in-store marketing, and store-layout. Gaining this insight lets you make swift adjustments to help increase your sales and profits.
- Rather than be over or under staffed, know the ebb and flow of each day in the month and schedule accordingly.
- Remote video surveillance can also provide insight about where employees need more training. Proper training can help reduce loss, costs, and injuries.
- Another valuable way to use your security systems is to ensure excellent customer service. One bad experience can send a customer to the business down the street—for good.
- Great security can also prove you are in compliance with federal, state, and local laws showing that your employees are performing critical duties as they should.
- Video surveillance can also provide insight on what employees do when business is slow, such as find a job to do or hop on their cell phone.
Stretching Your Investment
Improving security was probably your main objective in choosing your security system. But the money you spent to protect your business, employees and customers can serve other important non-security needs that can maximize that investment and make your business as profitable and competitive as possible. The great news is that it does not take anything more than you already have to provide huge additional advantage!
S-TRON is an electronic security integrator serving regional and national retail and hospitality companies. S-TRON delivers real solutions that help alleviate the real world problems and challenges these industries face.
- 3 Critical Security Systems and Tools Every Campus Needs - March 23, 2020
- Jarett Cavell has been appointed as S-TRON’s new President - March 16, 2020
- Why Video Resolution is a Key Factor in Choosing the Best Security Cameras for Your Business - January 28, 2020