One of the many important aspects of owning a restaurant or catering business is keeping the risks of slip and fall accidents as low as possible. One slip can mean losing a valuable employee or seeing a customer injured. It can also mean avoiding fraudulent lawsuits. That is why commercial security systems are so very valuable– CCTV lowers the risk of slip and fall accidents.
How Restaurants are Vulnerable to Slip and Fall Suits
In the food industry, slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of injury which leads to legitimate claims. The food industry is also vulnerable to fraudulent claims. Not surprisingly, it can stem from some of the same reasons.
- Restaurant environments are inherently dangerous. It is crowded, has lots of movement, and products. The floors are often wet or slippery. Workers are often carrying boxes or trays that obscure vision.
- Slip and fall accidents are common but every claim is problematic. Often the incidents happen in a crowded area where vision is obscured or completely out of sight. This means that there is no real way for the owner to argue the legitimacy of the claim.
Important Tips for Lowering Risks
Just by making a few simple changes, you can make your restaurant safer and reduce the likelihood of slip and fall.
- Institute strict cleaning practices to keep floors free of food and other dangerous items.
- Require employees wear non-slip shoes.
- Monitor flow of traffic in the kitchen and dining area and make changes for improvement.
- Store appliances, products, and supplies properly.
- Check the floor and carpeting daily for breaks, rips, folds or worn spots.
- Monitor for spills and clean up immediately.
- Do not allow employees to stack when carrying trays or boxes in a way that obscure vision or hinders movement.
- Use skidproof waxes on flooring.
How CCTV and Commercial Camera Systems Help Avoid Suits
Commercial CCTV and surveillance systems are one of the most important elements in reducing the likelihood of injury and of false claims by addressing the two main issues that make restaurants and caterers vulnerable to claims.
- CCTV and surveillance camera systems, with both overt and covert cameras, allow you to monitor for problems that increase danger, such as when employees stack boxes or leave spills. This can help avoid problems that would lead to real and serious injury.
- Visible surveillance systems deter acts of fraud. It can also provide you with proof should anyone try.
S-TRON offers an innovative suite of video surveillance products and professional installation for regional and national chains. S-TRON is a electronic security integrator for national and regional retail and hospitality companies.
Established in 1995 and headquartered in Melville, NY, we have served thousands of retail locations across the country with best in class equipment installations and ongoing service, maintenance, and support. Our brand promise: “Service Excellence”.
- 3 Critical Security Systems and Tools Every Campus Needs - March 23, 2020
- Jarett Cavell has been appointed as S-TRON’s new President - March 16, 2020
- Why Video Resolution is a Key Factor in Choosing the Best Security Cameras for Your Business - January 28, 2020