Grocery stores exist in a competitive landscape that cuts into already fairly narrow margins. Profitability not only relies on sales and marketing but the protection of assets, safety, accident and incident verification and more. CCTV and video surveillance technologies can be vital tools in achieving those goals, and many others.
An expertly designed video surveillance system is much more than the implementation of technology. It is also the science behind placement which allows the users to leverage the right data at the right time. The right system can help in far more that protecting assets.
Here are some reasons why video surveillance and CCTV should be part of every grocery store security strategy.
- Just having visible security cameras deters crime as perpetrators of crime do not want to be seen or have their crime captured on video.
- Video camera and CCTV can be used to help visually cover the floor in late hours when the store is open but staff is reduced.
- Real-time viewing can provide marketing information such as the popularity of items and displays.
- Grocery store owners can use video surveillance to evaluate dwell times and traffic patterns and adjust the floorplan and displays to better accommodate shoppers.
- Video cameras and CCTV can help prevent loss due to internal and external theft.
- In the case of accident or injury, video surveillance footage can confirm the details of the event and help in legal or insurance issues.
- Having the right video footage can monitor all cash register activities such as the change out of cash drawers, countdowns, and all other monetary transactions.
- Video surveillance footage can also help owners and managers analyze employee and customer relationships.
- The backbone of any business is customer service. Video surveillance can provide a better understanding of what your business does right or where it can improve.
- Visible security technologies provide an overall culture of security.
- Customers feel safer when video surveillance technologies are employed.
- In an emergency, video surveillance and CCTV can provide a real-time view of events to authorities and emergency personnel.
- Having security technologies in place helps improve employee practices and productivity.
S-Tron provides video surveillance and CCTV to local, regional, and national grocery store chains. To learn more about how you can implement the industry’s best surveillance and security technologies, give us a call today.
Latest posts by Tina Dunn (see all)
- Building a Culture of Security in Retail - September 12, 2019
- The Essential Guide to Security for C-Store Franchises - September 12, 2019
- Reduce Your Vulnerability with Retail Intrusion Detection Systems - August 18, 2019